FBiH Government Office for Legislation and Alignment with the EU acquis
- Sector for Regulations Relating to Social Activities
- Sector for Regulations Relating to Judicature and Administration, Interiors, Statistics and Civil Protection
- Sector for Regulations Relating to Finance and Property Issues
- Sector for Regulations Relating to Economy
- Sector for Monitoring Harmony Between Federal and EU Regulations
- Department for Finance-Material Transactions and General Affairs
Scope of Activity
- The Office the Government of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina for Legislation and Harmonization with European Union Regulationsprovides for the Government of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina professional legal opinions regarding first draft laws, draft laws and proposal of laws, on their harmony with the Constitution Law and legal system, regarding other regulations passed by the Parliament of the Federation BiH, President and Vice-Presidents of the Federation BiH, Government of the Federation BiH, i.e. by the officials heading Federal organs and Federal institutions.
- Ensures methodological uniformity in drafting Federal laws, other regulations and by-laws, provides professional assistance to the Federal Administration organs and Federal institutions in drafting the laws and other regulations, studies and considers issues related to building of legal system, establishes final texts of regulations passed by the Government of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, provided it was empowered for this with the relevant regulation, establishes texts of enactments correcting the published texts of regulations or other documents of the Government of the Federation BiH.
- Provides its opinions regarding final texts, i.e. corrigenda of printing errors occurred in by-laws and enactments, those being, pursuant to the law, established by head of relevant Federal administrative body and/or Federal institution.
- In order to provide technical assistance to the Federal Administration organs and Federal Administration organizations in drafting laws and other regulations, the Office organizes and conducts professional seminars, trainings, round tables and other forms of specialization for civil servants engaged in such tasks.
- Office provides to the Government of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina expert legal opinions relating to the above regulations and from the aspect of their harmony with legislation of EU and European principles and standards, together with Comparative summary showing harmonization of the provisions contained in first draft laws and draft laws and enactments with the EU legislation and provides an authenticated Statement on harmonization of the provisions contained in the first drafts and draft laws and enactments with the EU legislation.